Friday 1 January 2010

There's Always Room For Improvement


Okay, i change my mind. I am going to make a new years resolution, a wish, a hope that many others have decided to partake. I want to learn, i want to be taught how to breath life into my writing, make the reader so involved with every letter that pores out of my head, my heart, my soul. Words that leave the reader anticipating the next line, paragraph, chapter. I want to give my writing depth, depth like i've never seen before. Not the dark depth, where the absence of light in writing makes people fear the words typed on a page, depth that is full of radiant light, depth that warms people's hearts, makes them want to leave there mark, there footpaths in the sand of literature.

It's okay for me, i hope, i'm young, i still have much more to learn about writing, how to structure my writing, how to captivate audiences, and i suppose it is greedy for me to wish that such a gift could be received sooner rather than later.

Patience, i hope, will pay off. Writing has always, and will always be escape for me. Writing, reading, music and art. Escape. Escape from reality. Escape from the repetitive daily cycle. Freedom. Freedom to be myself. Freedom to let my dreams flow, whether it's from ink, leaving it's plastic case keeping it captive, where it is desperate to be transformed into something meaningful, words that will warm hearts, where it meets paper, calling out for imagination, calling out for it to, to be transformed into something that will long be treasured even after the ink, the scribe has left. Whether it's from a pencil, holding so many opportunities just waiting to be released, to become, to be welcomed, accepted. Or whether it's from music, flowing from an instrument with so much potential.

My indecisiveness sometimes lets me down, that, and an overactive imagination that has so many ideas held waiting for there chance to transform into something beautiful. And i worry, will i make the right decisions, will i show the world all the things that right now only seem possible in my imagination. Time doesn't stay on our side forever. Nothing is guaranteed.

But the will to learn, yes, that must be a good thing. From learning we become something. Someone, instead of nobody, someone who is ignored, someone who fits in the crowd, goes with the flow. No, that's not me, i want to stand out and by learning to capture hearts, i hope to achieve.
'Far away, in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but i can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.' - Louisa May Alcott.

No comments:

Post a Comment